Role: TeraData Engineer
Work Location: San Jose, CA
Job Type: Contract
Primary role - ETL engineering - design, build, maintain
Primary skill - Terradata, SQL, ETL development using BTEQ Scripting (unix, python) , Hadoop/Spark skills
- Work experience in Teradata system (Certified Teradata developer is a plus);
- Should have strong SQL programming skills
- Working knowledge on any ETL tool (e.g. Informatica/ Ab Initio) is preferable.
- Teradata utilities such as TPT, Fastload, MLoad and BTEQ Scripting
- Knowledge of Job Scheduling Tools e.g. UC4 or any Job Scheduler
- Expertise in database programming and performance tuning techniques in Teradata
- Familiar with data movement techniques and best practices to handle large volumes of data
- Teradata utilities like Fast Load, Fast Export, MultiLoad and Tpump for Teradata ETL processing huge volumes of data throughput
- Experience with data warehousing architecture and data modeling best practices
- Knowledge of Hadoop (Spark, HBase/ Hive) is highly preferred
- Exposure to any of the BI tool such as (QlikView, Tableau, Micro strategy, Business Objects).
- Shell scripting experience with exposure to Unix/Linux, Python.