Synechron, one of the fastest-growing digital, business consulting & technology services providers, is a $500 million firm based in New York. Since inception in 2001, Synechron has been on a steep growth trajectory. With 8,000+ professionals operating in 18 countries across the world, it has presence across USA, Canada, UK, France, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Serbia, Hungary, Germany, Italy, UAE, Singapore, Hong Kong, Philippines, Japan, Australia and Development Centers in India.
- The Teradata Test engineer will work closely with Data team to define/refine & implement performance guidelines driven by right sizing requirements. Successful candidates will have extensive experience in implementing complex hardware, software, performance benchmark procedures and statistics including but not limited to performance tuning.
- They will be well versed in working in and contributing to a fully agile and automated development and test process. General programming experience is preferred though not required. The ideal candidate will possess in-depth operating system knowledge and be well versed in Database both in Physical and Logical environments. They must understand dual active managed systems & implementation in an enterprise wide environment. Related customer implementation and operations are an essential requirement for this position.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Proven experience in design, development & automation of performance benchmark operations
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues and test conditions;
- Analyze product resource utilization and recommend alternatives to improve performance
- Design and execute complex test plans to simulate Dual-Active Data Warehouse environments with data load (ETL), failure/recovery and boundary test conditions
- Provide & implement recommendations/suggestions to improve testing efficiency
- Participate in Agile software development & test processes
- Automate tests developed to support required software quality efforts
- Contribute to and validate & implement load and performance tests
- Assist product engineers in the identification, reproduction and resolution of product defects
- Oversee test engineering test case development and design for fit with appropriate test review processes and mechanisms
- This role is located in Charlotte, NC. This fast-paced high tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and out of the box thinking to move our state of the art technology to the next level.
Skills & Attributes
- The ideal candidate will have proven performance & benchmark skills and deployment experience, excellent analytical skills, ability to plan and organize with strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- The successful candidate will have some experience in OO programming, working knowledge of high performance data warehousing and computing environments.
- The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge of software development best practices and experience in test development.
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in CS with 7 years of software development and/or engineering experience, including but not limited to
- Proficient knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle & methodologies
- In-depth knowledge of load testing in real-time multi-tier architectures
- Experienced in Unix/Bash Shell scripting
- Proficient in C, C++, Java Script, Perl, Python
- Experience in an Agile development process, such as XP and/or Scrum
- Strong OS & Linux scripting skills
- Experience with Confluence, Jira, Subversion, Clover, Fisheye, Crucible, TeamCity a plus
- Should be comfortable with RDBMS technologies and associated customer operations experience for these technologies