- Full lifecycle Python automation script development using standard frameworks and coding standards/patterns
- Coding, unit testing, and debugging scripts
- Software testing and quality assurance
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Integrate automation scripts with existing systems while maintaining standards compliance
- Assist with global implementation and maintenance of automation framework
- Work closely with developers and software engineers to gain additional knowledge and expertise.
Additional Major Duties/Responsibilities:
- Create test cases, conduct risk analysis, and execute as needed.
- Conduct exploratory testing to identify risk areas or early warning signs
- Document user scenarios for a product and/or service.
- Create medium to large automated test cases to exercise a product or service from an end-to-end perspective.
- Log and report test results in Jira and/or ALM
- Required Skills and Experience.
- 4 yrs experience automation Python-based scripting
- 4 yrs experience in the creation of test automation framework, design and test scripts of Mobile App or In-Vehicle
- Apps with Android and IOS platforms.
- QC/ALM, Selenium, Subversion, JIRA, Jenkins, Appium or Robotium or Perfecto.
- Knowledge of BDD (Behavior Driven Development) and TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Experience with Cucumber, TestNG, Junit, etc.
- Methodologies: Agile, Spiral, Waterfall, Iterative
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Develop and maintain automated tests using Python
- Ability to identify tasks that require automation and automate them.
- Demonstrates some understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Possess a positive attitude and ability to ""think outside the box"".
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Ability document deliverables and comprehend techniques offered by developers
- Demonstrated ability to write, edit, and debug automation scripts to achieve the desired output.