|Posting Title||Test Engineer, Jr/Mid Level|
|Full Time / Part-Time||Full Time|
|Travel||Up to 25%|
|Description||SYSTEM TESTER (H40-18-0178-Z) |
Bowhead is seeking an experienced System Tester to support Navy weapons systems development, conducting environmental, operational, or performance tests on aeronautical, combat hardware, electrical, mechanical, electro-mechanical, general industrial, experimental, controls, and systems, and other products and systems.
|Requirements||Educational/Professional Experience |
• A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline or equivalent experience such as direct hands-on experience with a weapon system application.
• Three (3) years of full-time experience demonstrating the ability to design, implement and execute manual and automated test procedures as well as the ability to use test tools to perform requirements verification, environment validation and system performance testing.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of systems engineering and testing practices throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle.
• Demonstrated strong problem solving, written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment.
• Demonstrated experience developing testing strategies and detailed test procedures, based on system requirements, as well as test execution.
• Two (2) years of full time experience testing software intensive DoD weapon systems.
• Demonstrated ability to perform verification and validation, performance and acceptance testing for the applications within the rapid development environment.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: This individual must currently hold a SECRET security clearance. US Citizenship is a requirement for a clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
^ Link to Apply: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=19814