Job ID: 2116048
Location: EL SEGUNDO , CA , US
Date Posted: 2022-01-03
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Test Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a seasoned systems engineer with Department of Defense Test & Evaluation expertise to provide technical support to the United States Space Force, Space and Missile Systems Center's Special Programs Directorate. This customer equips the U.S. Space Force with space control systems to gain, maintain, and exploit space superiority. It directs the planning, development, testing, deployment, and sustainment of a complex and dynamic portfolio of space-superiority capabilities of the highest national priority. The position requires an individual with extensive experience in technical programs, systems engineering and test policy/execution of large scale space-based and ground-based space systems and/or new start technical demonstration space and ground systems. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and team skills. In addition, the candidate will be expected to continually balance and adjust work priorities to meet short term work suspense and rapidly evolving customer needs.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Document program test strategy and plans, test scenarios and test requirements in development contractor contractual documents and Government program office documentation.
- Work with development contractors to ensure developmental test objectives are consistent with applicable standards, instruction and policy,
- Work with Government developmental and operational test agencies/organizations to develop the adequate test methodology consistent with the program managers expectations and other external stakeholders, as appropriate,
- Lead and/or participate in test working groups which plan, status, and discuss test related matters.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or relevant discipline and 9+ years of technical program management, systems engineering, and Government test
- 7+ years of experience required for Master's Degree and 4+ years for PhD,
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Qualified applicants must possess as active TS/SCI clearance and have a willingness to consent to a polygraph examination
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.