Software Engineering Requirements
The Navy Next Generation Network (NGEN) enterprise surmises over 350,000 client data seats. This environment is rivaled only by the Internet with regards to size. The position requires the applicant to analyze complex performance problems and develop comprehensive solutions by way of the lowest cost, best technical means. A passion for performance, strong desire for quality conformance and attention to detail are prerequisites for this position.
The company is undergoing a DevOps methodology transformation which involves a full-stack implementation of an ITSM service request catalog powered by ServiceNow and Red Hat Ansible Tower. Having a fundamental knowledge automation practices within an enterprise ecosystem will significantly benefit the team and help forge a streamlined, efficient, end-to-end automation framework that supports a DevOps product development and deliverance methodology.
The successful candidate will have a strong working background in systems administration, hands on experience with network and storage equipment, scripting & automation skills or fundamental understanding of DevOps concepts.
Multiple teams hiring for support for the following products/projects: Security (Identity, MacAfee, Cyber), Information Assurance (IA, ISSE's), Storage/NetApp, ServiceNow, RPA, ACAS, Applications Packagers, SCCM, WSUS, Hardware Injection, Tanium, HBSS, Mobility/Messaging (BBM, Exchange) and Web development.Required Skills:
- Solid understanding of version control and using Git and tools such as Azure Repo's, Gitlab, Bitbucket, Gradle, Bamboo, Docket, Kubernetes, Puppet Enterprise, Ansible
- Solid understanding of continuous integration concepts and CI Tools such as Jenkins or Azure Pipelines
- Strong Systems experience will include VMWare ESX, Windows Server and RHEL
- Strong scripting experience with PowerShell or Python
- Experience leveraging web API's including REST and SOAP
- Familiarity with JSON, XML and YAML
- Knowledge of one cloud platform (Azure or AWS).
- Experience working in teams using Agile methodologies including scrum or Kanban.
- 8570 level 2 required: Security +, CCNA Security
- All candidates must ====s able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance as a condition of employment
- ITSM experience (ServiceNow, BMC Remedy)
- Red Hat Product Expertise: Ansible Engine, Tower, Satellite, CloudForms, Virtualization, OpenStack
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL.
- Experience with artifact and package management using NuGet, Azure Artifacts or Artifactory.
- Strong skills in development, installation, configuration, and security of IIS web servers, web sites, and web services. Below is the experience needed:
- REST API
- C#, SQL
- TFS, GIT source code control systems
- Agile methodology, unit testing
- Load balancing of web servers
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.