NET ESOLUTIONS CORPORATION (NETE) is a multi-award winning company founded in 1999. NETE is a full service Information Technology (IT) company dedicated to providing value focused services to the Federal Government and the Biomedical Research and Health IT Sector. NETE offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured. In addition, we offer competitive salaries that may include performance bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package.
NETE is looking for an experienced, analytical, highly motivated, organized, and detail orientedTest Engineer (mid-level) located at Rockville, MD with a strong website and applications testing background to join our dynamic team.
- Responsible for testing business applications, including custom software, and internally developed software and website applications for functionality, accuracy and adherence to specifications.
- Review requirements and write test plan, test scenarios and test cases to validate.
- Perform functional, system, integration, usability, regression, stress, load and browser compatibility testing.
- Analyze test results, log defects and recommend corrective action.
- Log the defects in a detailed, understandable and reproducible way, tracking all assigned defects through to closure and interacting with members of the development team to resolve discovered defects.
- Develop and maintain automated regression and performance test scripts.
- Research tools, methods, technology trends and/or vendors. Provides usability feedback in all products.
- Coordinate user acceptance and beta tests. Support and assist with UAT for end users.
- Provide estimates for project plans.
- Report, track and communicate status and issues based on department-defined reporting templates.
- QA Testing using manual and automation tools
- Work directly on projects in a collaborative distributive environment alongside designers, developers, creative directors, and client project/account managers.
- Section 508 Compliance testing
- Create Production Validation Plan, conduct post deployment validation and create Post Validation Reports
- Responsible for the creation and quality of all the artifacts/deliverables and post project support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years Web QA/Testing experience required.
- Strong understanding of website information architecture, navigation and content strategy, and creative design.
- Experience using automated workflow and collaboration tools.
- Experience in Agile development environment.
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) frameworks.
- Experience using Selenium is preferable.
- Prior use of tracking tools such as JIRA highly desired.
- Familiarity and experience using automated QA Testing and Automated Open-Source tools.
- Can create overall test strategy in alignment with monthly software releases.
- Willingness and ability to work closely with software development team in a fast-paced development environment.
- Strong attention to detail and an intimate familiarity with testing for industry Web standards compliant sites such as W3C or Section 508 Compliance.
- Excellent demonstrated time management skills including the ability to multi-task and prioritize successfully.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate testing issues with clients and internal development team members.
- The ability to create testing metrics is desirable.
- Must be able to communicate complex technical concepts clearly, both oral and written, and interpret regulatory guidance and identified vulnerabilities to a wide audience.
- Planning and facilitating User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Previous Government work experience preferred.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust background security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information. US Citizens or Permanent Residents preferred.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 9 Paid Federal holidays
- Various wellness programs
- Free parking at corporate offices
- Employee Referral Bonus Program (ERBP)
- Vision coverage through UHC national network
- Dental coverage through UHC national network
- 401(K) with significant company match & no vesting period
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage (paid by company)
- Competitive salaries with opportunity for performance bonuses
- Discount plan for pet care, legal services, & identify theft protection
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage (paid by company; option to purchase additional coverage)
- Medical coverage through UHC national network (option to choose between 3 available plans)
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
NETE is a multi-award winning company as well as offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured. In addition, we offer competitive salaries that may include performance bonuses; and a comprehensive benefits package.
NETE uses E-Verify to validate all new hires' ability to legally work in the United States.
Disclaimer: The above description is intended to describe the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not to be construed as a complete or exhaustive list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description, or responsibilities as needed.