Business Group Highlights Civilian, State and Local
Perspecta's Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
Joint Engineering Teams - Sustainment (JETS) will provide USCIS with Agile development and maintenance capability to sustain their IT systems. JETS will supply Agile development teams to participate in IT maintenance efforts, to include activities necessary for sustaining previously developed systems and applications using Lean processes. The Contractor will be part of an ecosystem participating with federal employees and other contractors in a team-based scaled Agile approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
The Test Engineer is responsible for providing testing solutions for agile teams working on software technology modifications and enhancements for the JETS program. The tester will be responsible for verifying changes made to the system through the execution of manual and automated test scripts to meet established acceptance criteria. The tester will work with other agile teams to understand the updates and be able to articulate and troubleshoot test failures. The tester is part of an agile team to research, test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. The tester will also be responsible for contributing to an agile process through story development, backlog grooming, and responses to ad-hoc customer priorities.
- Develop manual test scripts and execute automated testing on both web front end and back end systems.
- Perform test validations at various levels including database validation, logging validation, and user interface validation.
- Document and report the results of testing activities.
- Inform team leads and other designated management officials of the results of testing activities.
- Ensure compliance with Section 508.
- Work with agile team members to design, develop, enhance, debug, and implement software.
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Research, test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
- Analyze user needs, develop user stories and write test cases and test scenarios based on the acceptance criteria defined for the user story.
- Address problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Perform feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assist in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Work with developers to resolve problems with software and provide analysis to enhance the applications and architecture.
- Provide interactive debugging of the web based user interface or client server in real time mode.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Perform as part of an agile team, utilizing Kanban and Scrum best practices. Collaborates frequently with other team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other Technical degree preferred and/or 1-4 years of relevant CS/development experience.
- Development experience (C#, Java, web technologies)
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team with adjusting priorities and deadlines
- ship, eligible to obtain Public Trust Security Clearance
- Experience as a solutions tester with increasing testing responsibilities.
- Hands-on experience with any of the following technologies: QTP, UFT, Selenium, SQL
- Prior working experience with Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Acceptance Testing, and User Acceptance Testing phases.
- Experience with microservices
- Pervasive, Oracle experience
- Experience with the following technologies:
- .NET core
- Angular JS
- HTML 5
- GitHub, JIRA experience
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Previous DHS Security Clearance
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Options Apply for this job onlineApply Share Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)