Description: Our Lockheed Martin AN/SQQ-89 Systems Engineering, Integration & Test team is looking for a test engineer to support the development, verification and delivery of anti-submarine warfare capabilities to the U.S. Navy.
This position works as part of an agile test team that assists in the development and production of advanced sonar systems and fire control. Responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, and implement software testing methods and equipment
- Plan and coordinates the labor, schedules, and equipment required for software testing and evaluating standard and special devices
- Provide test area with parameters for sample testing and specify tests to be performed
- Compile data and define changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or testing requirements
- Test all customer samples and conduct additional special tests that cannot be performed in the test area
Travel to support a variety of off-site test events is required.
- Experience developing or performing test solutions to satisfy integrated software functionality
- Experience with developing and enacting written test procedures
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with peers, managers, and project stakeholders effectively using both verbal and written communications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- US Navy undersea warfare experience, especially with AN/SQQ-89 operations and its integration with the combat system and combat system elements
- Knowledge in undersea warfare combat management, fire control and weapon employment
- Proficiency with: use of signal generators, spectrum analyzers, electronic multi-meters, oscilloscopes, and power supplies
- Experience leading teams of technicians
- Experience with Navy embedded training systems
- Experience as a certified test conductor
- Experience as a Sonar Supervisor
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.