NET ESOLUTIONS CORPORATION (NETE) is a multi-award winning company founded in 1999. NETE is a full service Information Technology (IT) company dedicated to providing value focused services to the Federal Government and the Biomedical Research and Health IT Sector. NETE offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured. In addition, we offer competitive salaries that may include performance bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package.
NETE is seeking a highly motivated, flexible, organized, and detail oriented Test Engineer to join our dynamic team in Bethesda, MD. If you want to learn and grow then this is the job for you. You will be supporting our corporate office as well as supporting our project/customer that "seeks fundamental knowledge about the nature and behavior of living systems and the application of that knowledge to enhance health, lengthen life, and reduce illness and disability.” What you do matters and has significant impact on the medical and scientific communities we serve. Your work here really matters and has real impact
- Responsible for all steps of the ongoing Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) including but not limited to; requirements analysis, test planning, writing and reviewing test cases, executing test cases, and bug logging, tracking and closing.
- Conduct testing in a dual testing environment (50% Manual Testing and 50% Automation Testing).
- Work closely with management and technical lead for software development and maintenance.
- Develop test cases based on requirements and lead testing efforts (functional, integration, regression, user acceptance, load and stress, 508-compliancy testing, etc.).
- Develop regression test scripts.
- Conduct functional, integration, regression, stress/load, and 508-compliancy tests.
- Verify test results via the application and the backend by querying the database.
- Manage/update/maintain requirements, use cases, test cases, traceability matrix, user manual, and QRG documents, regression and load test results, and other support documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on industry experience as a test engineer with manual and automation testing.
- Hands-on experience using requirements management and regression test tools.
- Cucumber, FitNesse (a plus, not required), Selenium-r,
- Hands on experience with Selenium.
- Ability to use build tools effectively, e.g. Ant, Maven, Gradle, etc.
- SQL is a requirement.
- Develop regression test scripts for enterprise system.
- Develop functional test scripts for enterprise system.
- Experience with automation tools is highly desirable.
- Experience with test management tools is highly desirable.
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps is desirable.
- Experience in testing SharePoint is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment under deadline pressure.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) well and work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Testing skills to develop test cases/traceability matrix based on requirements and lead testing efforts (functional, integration, and regression testing etc.).
- Microsoft SQL skills, to develop queries for verifying test results.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust background security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information. US Citizens or Permanent Residents only.
- Require experience in authoring test plans, test cases and test reports.
- Require experience in using JIRA.
- Require experience in using SharePoint for collaboration.
- Require experience in working in Agile environment.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 9 Paid Federal holidays
- Various wellness programs
- Free parking at corporate offices
- Employee Referral Bonus Program (ERBP)
- Vision coverage through UHC national network
- Dental coverage through UHC national network
- 401(K) with significant company match & no vesting period
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage (paid by company)
- Competitive salaries with opportunity for performance bonuses
- Discount plan for pet care, legal services, & identify theft protection
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage (paid by company; option to purchase additional coverage)
- Medical coverage through UHC national network (option to choose between 3 available plans)
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
NETE is a multi-award winning company as well as offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured. In addition, we offer competitive salaries that may include performance bonuses; and a comprehensive benefits package.
NETE uses E-Verify to validate all new hires' ability to legally work in the United States.
Disclaimer: The above description is intended to describe the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not to be construed as a complete or exhaustive list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description, or responsibilities as needed.