Do you have an eye for detail and enjoy working with amazing products and tools? Join us in championing and protecting explorers and heroes! As a Test Engineer at SNC, you will be using your skills and expertise to simulate, test, certify and improve cutting edge products and services. These cover a very wide range from advanced mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. You'll develop complex test plans and procedures for a variety of systems to ensure the verification and validation of all product requirements. You will also be involved with the execution of the tests using top industry tools. As a cross functional engineer, you'll test system and component level new products and develop new test processes throughout the product lifecycle.
At SNC's Space Systems Group (SSG) we are not only the creator of the Dream Chaser® spacecraft, but also the designer and manufacturer of rocket engines and components, systems that sustain life in deep space, as well as systems and satellites that improve life here on Earth. The work of our Space Systems team not only supports the U.S. government (including NASA), but also commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about SSGM ust-haves:
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Engineering or other related discipline and typically 10 or more years of experience
- Thorough understanding of engineering principles and practices
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Advanced Knowledge of requirements management, system design, integration
- Demonstrated experience planning, conducting and documenting Verification and Validation (V&V) activities
- Experience with various testing equipment, standards, and methodologies to include manual and automated testing
- Ability to prepare complex and professional test plans, test procedures, and test reports in order to demonstrate compliance to system requirements
- Familiarity with Product and Quality Assurance principles and experienced in generation and disposition of product non-conformances
- Experience performing certification testing for various certification organizations (i.e. FAA, NASA, DoD)
- Ability to read schematics, use service manuals, follow test procedures, and use logical trouble shooting techniques
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- Frequently walk, sit, stand, climb stairs and steps
- Frequently repeat same hand, arm, and finger motion many times to include finger and hand dexterity
- Rarely lifting or carrying up to 25 lbs.
Safety Sensitive Position:
- Rarely exposed to outdoor elements (high/low temperatures, sun, rain/snow, etc.)
- Rarely exposed to fumes or hazardous chemicals/materials
- Rarely exposed to loud noises
- Responsible for the safety or security of people or property
- Inspects structures, equipment or vehicles
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant ====, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America's fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.