Serves as the Software Quality Assurance Analyst for the U.S. Army's National Ground Intelligence Center (NGIC) Combat Incident Database (CIDB) and Joint Trauma Analysis for the Prevention of Injury in Combat Database (JTAPICDB) Program.
- Develops test cases for all application software release verification activities, including application functional enhancements and patches.
- Critiques all Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) deliverables, including Release Notes, Release Packages, Test Plans, Test Reports, the Run Book, Installation Guides, System Administration Guides, System Configuration Guides, System Requirements Specifications, Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs), Network Diagrams, and User Guides.
- Assists in software development and/or database data extraction and analysis as-needed
- Bachelor of Science degree from a 4-year college in a technical field or relevant experience in lieu of technical degree.
- 5-10 years of demonstratable hands-on IT experience and knowledge
- Proven software tester capabilities
- CompTIA Security+CE certificaion
- Proficiency with the software development process
- Experience with configuration management and software testing techniques
- Experience with issue tracking software, preferably Jira
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent eye for attention to detail
- Hands-on skills with Oracle Middleware, Oracle Database, and Open Source Databases
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Significant experience in the Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation of relational and non-relational databases using: SQL; PL/SQL; NoSQL
- Knowledge of building Web Services (SOAP, REST)
- Strong experience in Java EE and Web technologies
Desired Experience in:
- NGIC experience, in general, with CIDB and JTAPICDB database experience highly desirable
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience in systems analysis techniques, concepts and methods and knowledge of available system software, computer equipment and open system architecture.
- Experience in a mixed UNIX and MS Windows environment is preferred, but not required.
- Current Top Secret with SCI eligibility for
The candidate must be able to complete the training and certifications required by DoD to obtain DoD 8570.01-M IAT-I (Army AR25-2) certification