Title: Test Engineer
Jenkins, Azure DevOps,
Data Pipeline, big data warehouse,
Business Intelligence, BI,
Power Bi, Sigma, Looker,
Python, Ruby, JSON, Java, Groovy, SQL,
Azure, AWS, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Bamboo,
data modelling, data engineering,
GitHub, GitHub development flow,
Microsoft operating systems and applications
• Part of BIOS QA Client Team. Working on client reference mobile\desktop platforms will be responsible for post-silicon and pre-silicon validation on different core functional areas.
• Created defined and develops system validation environments (Manual\Automation) and test cases.
• Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced environment with the ability to self-motivate and self-educate when the challenges present situations where it would be needed.
• You would need to thrive and communicate effectively with a multi-cultural, cross-functional team across different organizations and geographies.
• Demonstrates strong attention to detail when implementing and documenting software.
• Manual and automated testing of AGESA Library code implemented for different BIOS Vendors (client, Insyde) on different client referenced platforms.
• Author detailed and clearly written documentation for all test cases created
• Participate in automated workload development and planning sessions
• Review and debug test results and file detailed tickets
• Learn existing test automation framework (written in Python) and modify existing test cases when necessary.
• Maintain clear communications with management
• Prioritize and manage a heavy and dynamic set of tasks and responsibilities
• Scope, manage, and execute assigned projects
• Experience in HW lab and the ability to build test system from components up
• Knowledge of memory devices i.e., DDR4, DDR5, LPDDR, RDIMMs, UDIMMs, SoDIMMs
• Languages: Python, C#, Net, JSON, Java/Groovy, and SQL
• Online data warehouse experience (Azure, AWS or Snowflake)
• Strong x86 architecture knowledge
• Understand and navigate BIOS development manuals
• BIOS image building tools
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Operating System.
• Strong debug skills in both x86 architecture and python
• Experience in HW debug tools
• Working knowledge of hardware schematics
• Experience with automation platforms (e.g. Jenkins, Azure Dev Ops, Bamboo, etc.)
• Familiar GitHub and the GitHub development flow
• Working knowledge of EFI shell
• Experienced in application programming and automation scripting
• Research skills for growth in programming
• Experience with running PC benchmarking software from the command line
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong teamwork and interpersonal skills • Action oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience installing and configuring Microsoft operating systems and applications
• Ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment
• University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar related discipline is strongly preferred.
VIVA USA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a professional working environment that is free from discrimination and unlawful harassment. The Management, contractors, and staff of VIVA USA shall respect others without regard to race, sex, religion, age, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical, mental or sensory disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era, recently separated veteran, Active war time or campaign badge veteran, Armed forces service medal veteran, or disabled veteran. Please contact us at for any complaints, comments and suggestions.
Contact Details :
VIVA USA INC.
3601 Algonquin Road, Suite 425
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008