Test Tech, DEWALT Cordless Power Tools
We Don't Just Build The World, We Build Innovative Technology Too.
Come Build The World With Us!
This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights.
Who We Are
We're the world's largest tool company. We design and develop the tools that are used to change the world every day here in our engineering headquarters in Towson, Maryland. Our design teams are involved with every step of the process bringing these world class products to life. From conducting end user research to identify new needs, to designing and prototyping tools to ensure we meet our customers' high expectations, to creating robust tests to guarantee the tools we make stand up to the toughest environments, our engineers own every aspect of the process along the way.
Who You Are
You are organized and regimented. You like getting your hands dirty and digging into a problem. You want to be in an environment where there is room to learn and grow your abilities with experts there to guide you along the way. You want to work at a place where you can see the fruits of your labor come to life and enjoy getting to see products you worked on sitting on the shelves of major retailers around the globe. You also have:
• A self-starter who is looking to learn and grow
• Well organized and enjoy having a place for everything, and everything in its place
• Capacity to maintain test equipment so that it is in good working order and ready to set up and run when needed
• Organized and regimented mindset and methods
• Job requires the assembly and disassembly of power tools and setting up mechanical test so you should enjoy getting your hands dirty
• Ability to record and compile data from tests
• Previous experience with data acquisition and/or Lab View a plus
• High level of mechanical aptitude
What You'll Do
As a lab tech, you'll be part of our Global Tools & Storage team located in Towson, MD. Specifically, you'll:
• Work with the team to create a world class lab where everything is organized, easy to find and ready to use.
• Perform hands-on product testing for development which will include both existing tests as well as creating new ones to addresses problems as they arise. The Towson Design Center is largest development facility for DEWALT tools, so there is always something new to see and learn.
• Collect data using data using a variety of equipment including computers, oscilloscopes, and other handheld measurement devices. Experience with this type of equipment is a plus, but training is available.
Benefits & Perks
You'll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
What You'll Also Get
• Career Opportunity: Career paths aren't linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths. We need all kinds of people, so whether you want to become a technical expert, or grow your skills in multiple disciplines, you have come to the right spot.
• Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities). We also focus on having technical experts in each area that are there to guide you along the way so you are never alone.
• Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
• Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
• Hands on environment: We love tools and using them! We have prototyping, use & handling, testing, inspection and metallurgy labs all right here in Towson.
• A company with History. We have been designing tools for a long time which means we have a lot of expertise here, but that doesn't mean we are afraid to try new things. We have a long list of world's first to our credit and we need you to keep that going!
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.