Cinder is looking for a Test Technician
to fill a roll for our client in Hillsboro, OR. This is a 40 hour per week
, six-month assignment
at a competitive consumer electronics testing company.Job Description:
Candidate will work on a variety of validation and QA projects. The successful candidate has some knowledge of hardware, software and firmware troubleshooting; and, can thrive as team player while working collaboratively within a small, dynamic environment.Required knowledge and skills:
- System knowledge- desktops, laptops, mobile devices, etc.
- Experience installing and configuring Microsoft and Linux operating systems
- General Windows and Linux terminal knowledge
- Ability to analyze and debug software and hardware issues
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, strong aptitude and desire to learn new technologies
- Good disposition and excellent communication and reporting skills (oral and written)
- Basic understanding of setup and functionality of wireless networks
- 0-2 years' experience in Hardware/Software validation
- Understanding of SW/HW QA methodology and product development lifecycles
- Basic experience with Linux/Unix operating systems
- Experience in configuring and operating in a test environment
- Knowledge of different video display inputs (e.g. HDMI, Displayport) and USB types
- Knowledge/ experience in wireless technologies like WiFi and Bluetooth is nice to have
- Ability to follow a traditional QA debug procedure, thoroughly document issues encountered, and produce clear, concise bug reports for clients
- Job Location: Work must be done onsite in Hillsboro, OR
- Pay: $15-$17, depending on experience
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!
Candidate must thrive in a diverse environment and commit to maintaining an inclusive work environment for coworkers of all races, genders, orientations, and abilities. We believe that different life experiences and perspectives are what make the strongest teams. While we are happy to provide any available training or guidance to help sharpen your skills, your success with Cinder requires the ability to work well with a variety of people.
We are unable to sponsor at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.