Job ID: 2113721 Location:
SAN DIEGO , CA , US Date Posted:
SW Systems EngrSchedule:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top SecretPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is seeking a Test & Evaluation (T&E) Systems Engineer to support the Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) Pacific Messaging CB ISEA in San Diego, CA. The SAIC Team provides a full range of engineering, technical support, management, and logistics services in support of the Messaging programs. Support of these systems includes technical support for installations; providing systems and software engineering, and documentation that supports associated Systems Engineering Technical Reviews (SETR); Test Facility manning in support of software development, integration and testing of hardware and software investment functions; and testing of new baseline and/or new capability of messaging systems.
Responsibilities may include:
- Performs technical planning, high level and detailed requirements definition, test planning and execution (to include use cases, test procedures and test data), software systems integration, and technical support for software systems and subsystems.
- Total software system product may include concept design, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field of Software and Systems Engineering.
- General knowledge of other related disciplines including Network and Hardware Engineering.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
- May independently determine and develop approach to solutions and collaborate with other team members to synthesized requirements-based solutions.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's and five (5) years or more experience; Master's and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 year's of related experience.
- Five to ten (5-10) years of system engineering experience.
- System (hardware and software) testing.
- Development and functional testing.
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, OpenShift, and Ansible scripting.
- Test Automation Framework experience.
- Experience automating web applications for testing and administration using Selenium.
- Familiarity with Waterfall, Agile, and DevSecOps development methodologies.
- Onsite work at Government site for over 95% of the time - with COVID protocols including social distancing and continuous mask wearing.
Required Security Clearance:
- Active Secret security clearance required, must be eligible for Top Secret.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.