Role: Functional Tester
Client: Government Integrator, Health
Duration: 5 months+
The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation currently has a need for a functional tester. The Systems for Inspections, Recalls, Compliance Enforcement (SIRCE) and Imports program supports critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. These systems continue to evolve to meet emerging business needs and to support new mandates and initiatives. It is important to respond to customer needs and issues.
• Estimating test case writing and execution effort and keeping track of own and team progress.
• Designing test strategies, test plans, and test cases from requirements, design documents and specifications.
• Test case authoring and holding test case reviews with stakeholders.
• Execution of test cases including functional, regression, and smoke tests for both web applications and database.
• Reporting defects, tracking, validating and closing.
• Recording test results and reporting them.
• 508 compliance test execution and documentation.
• Identifying regression test candidates for automation, planning automation activities across the team and automating test cases.
• Define performance test cases with the performance tester to ensure realistic performance testing is executed to identify and eliminate performance bottlenecks.
• Participation in daily scrum meetings, agile ceremonies and weekly test team meetings.
• Participation in all phases of risk management assessments and software development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection.
• Installation, maintenance, or use of software testing programs.
• Support our metrics program by keeping track and gather metrics on all activities.
• Support UAT activities.
• Present/support end of sprint demos, user acceptance testing, and solicit feedback from FDA on test artifacts and processes.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or