First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service. We believe that one-on-one interactions build lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients' needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. Client trust and security are paramount in our line of business. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals - our number one source of new business. We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work hard and move quickly as a very coordinated team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment, First Republic is the place for you. We have exceptional people focused on providing extraordinary service.
The Threat and Vulnerability Security Engineer provides security oversight to First Republic Bank's computing environment.
Oversight is achieved by monitoring and investigating potential security vulnerabilities and threats as reported by FRB's security tools; performing security data analytics; identifying and addressing potential data loss channels; and staying apprised of potential security challenges through the gathering and processing of cyber intelligence.
The position will work closely with other Network Security Engineers and Information Services personnel to ensure appropriate controls are in place, and to ensure that security policies are being effectively employed.
Information Security Threat and Vulnerability Management
* Responsible for researching and analyzing vulnerabilities, identifying relevant threats, corrective action recommendations, summarizing and reporting results.
* Organize and manage external third-party assessments (e.g., penetration tests, social engineering assessments, targeted assessments).
* Analyze penetration test results and engage with technology partners and business units in order to resolve identified vulnerabilities within SLAs.
* Identify and resolve any false positive findings in assessment results.
* Develop approaches for addressing vulnerabilities include system patching, deployment of specialized controls, code or infrastructure changes, and changes in development processes.
* Produce metrics and reporting on the state of system security, threat, vulnerability and patch management.
* Design and deliver actionable Information Security dashboards and scorecards.
* Analyze data sources and recommend optimal data sources to provide relevant reporting.
* Oversee Remediation Activities:
* Manage tracking and remediation of vulnerabilities by leveraging agreed-upon action plans and timelines with responsible technology developers and support teams.
* Recommend appropriate policy, standards, process and procedural updates as part of comprehensive remediation solutions
* Validate remediation by reviewing application updates or deployed mitigations to verify resolution.
* Stakeholder Consulting:
+ Provide security consulting services, as needed, to various projects.
+ Build effective relationships with stakeholders who own and support applications, IT infrastructure, and operations. Gain commitment from stakeholders and project teams to implement recommended security controls.
* Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
* Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor
* Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
Critical features of this job are described under the items above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
BS in Computer Science or equivalent
* Technical network (e.g., CCNA, CCNP Security) and security certifications highly desirable (e.g., CISA, CISSP, GCIH).
* Understanding of controls (e.g., access controls, auditing, authentication, encryption, integrity, physical security, and application security).
* Must be well versed in operating systems such as Linux and Windows, Active Directory, VPN systems, encryption schemas and algorithms, various authorization and authentication mechanisms/software, network monitoring, TCP/IP networks and vulnerability and threat management tools (including network based scanners).
* Experience with vulnerability scanners, vulnerability management systems, patches management, and host based security systems. Host Based Security Systems, patch management.
* Beneficial if experienced in Database Activity Monitoring Systems (DAM), and Web Application Firewalls (WAF).
* Ability to provide quality deliverables on time and on budget.
* The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
* Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
* Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
* Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
* Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
* Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.