Description Job Description:
The role calls for a Tier 1 Admin to support the deployment and maintaining of products, tools and capabilities. The Tier 1 Administrator provides systems and software operations and maintenance support in a large network enterprise, multi-enclave environment. This individual will work in a team environment to ensure mission needs are met and ensure functionality of capabilities of customers.Primary Responsibilities
- Design, build and deploy applications in a hardened enterprise Linux environment.
- Review and compare multiple platform options for applications and collaborating with specific teams to choose an appropriate platform.
- Deploy and maintain tools set that simplify provisioning and support of a large enterprise Linux environment.
- Plan, configure and implement features on the Linux platform that enhance availability, response time, and monitoring of key system metrics.
- Provide support implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems. Rapidly distinguish isolated user problems from enterprise-wide application/system problems.
- Coordinate with customers and stakeholders to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements.
- Develop solutions to complex technical issues.
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for Root Cause analysis, engineering technical assessment and process improvement initiatives.
- Support customer requirements in a 24x7 environment and schedule.
- Provide general systems administration mentoring and training to 24x7 Service Operations Center personnel.
- Develop and update operations and maintenance documentation for 24x7 Service Operations Center personnel.
Required support experience and/or current working knowledge in the following areas:
- Strong foundation of knowledge around AWS cloud services and the cloud ecosystem. (Cisco UCS, Splunk, Solarwinds, elastic search, dhcp, ldap)
- Subject matter expert with Linux (RHEL)/CentOS
- Experience setting up and modifying system monitoring with Nagios
- Scripting language experience
- Requires BS degree and 2 - 14 years of prior relevant experience
- Troubleshooting issues in a growing environment
- Experience with server patch management methodologies
- Domain and expert technical knowledge.
- An active TS/SCI with pa polygraph is required for this position
Preferred scripting in Bash, Perl, and Python
NSOINTExternal Referral Bonus:
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.