Charlotte, NC Salary:
Our client is currently seeking a Tier 2 Linux Systems Engineer
1+ Year Contract
**seeking local candidates**
Provides Tier 2 operations support which includes identifying, resolving or escalating hardware and/or software issues that span multiple technology domains.Duties and Responsibilities
This staff member completes the following activities using comprehensive technical knowledge of distributed, mainframe and networking platforms:
1. Monitors and supports multiple technology domains/platforms through the use of monitoring tools and applications.
2. Identifies, diagnoses and resolves system alerts and time sensitive events that could impact system availability leveraging an escalation path when appropriate.
3. Addresses work requests in accordance with established service level commitments.
4. Adjusts workloads of the operating environment to provide optimum resources to applications, system jobs and testing.
5. Responds to system failures and works with support or vendor teams to minimize business impact.
6. Writes and maintains documentation for the IOPS organization.
7. Trains and mentors staff and IT project teams providing guidance and consultation as required.
8. Administers systems by actively managing patching, routine maintenance and backups to include the scheduling and execution of related tasks.
9. Participates in all meetings related to change, incident or problem management
10. Identifies performance issues and trends impacting system availability or expected behavior and work to incorporate them into the problem management process.
11. Identifies opportunities for improvement and participate in projects to enhance the operation.
12. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications
Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
Three years general business experience, including one year LAN Administrator or Tier II experience in technical specialty.
Good analysis and problem solving skills.
Working knowledge of the following practices and concepts: Service level agreements, technical standards and deliverables, event triage and troubleshooting techniques, log files, network protocols.
Working knowledge of current versions of the following products: Microsoft Office Suite, Visio.
5+ years of troubleshooting *nix Systems (Linux, UNIX, etc)
5+ years shell scripting - sh/bash/ksh
5+ years of experience in an Enterprise IT environment.Preferred Qualifications
Knowledge of foundational networking concepts - (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, DHCP etc.)
Experience with one or more of the following products: Oracle RAC, IBM MQ, Apache Web Servers, TC Application Servers, VMware vSphere.
AWS Experience (preferred but not required)
Working knowledge of ITIL best practices in Problem and Incident ManagementContact: email@example.com
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com