Location: Arlington, VA
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.Work you'll do
The Security Operations Center (SOC) Tier 2 Sr Analyst must be willing to work in a 24x7x365 Security Operations Center environment, as well as may be expected to work some holidays and allow for flexible scheduling. The Tier 2 role is a shift lead position within the Security Operations Center as well as handling higher level incidents. The Tier 2 staff also train the Tier 1 staff on operations, security tools and processes. You will monitor network traffic for security events and perform triage analysis to identify security incidents. Respond to computer security incidents by collecting, analyzing, preserving digital evidence and ensure that incidents are recorded and tracked in accordance with SOC requirements. Work closely with the other teams to assess risk and provide recommendations for improving our security posture.
- Provide oversight and guidance to junior analysts and fulfill SOC manager responsibilities in the absence of the SOC Manager
- Train Tier 1 staff on security tools and processes
- Performs network security monitoring and incident response for a large organization.
- Maintains records of security monitoring and incident response activities, utilizing case management and ticketing technologies.
- Ensures that all identified events are promptly validated and thoroughly investigated
- Monitors and analyzes Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Knowledge of creating Security Information Event Management (SIEM) rules.
- Actively perform web hunting for new patterns/activities
- Remain current on cyber security trends and intelligence (open source and commercial) to guide the security analysis & identification capabilities of the SOC team.
- Ability to collaborate with SIEM engineering team to research and enhance monitoring content.
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
- Recommend changes to Standard Operating Procedures and other similar documentation
- Generates end-of-shift reports for documentation and knowledge transfer to subsequent analysts on duty.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.The ~3,000 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Cyber Security
- Technology Support
- Technology & Infrastructure
- Relationship Management
- Strategy & Communications
- Project Management
Cyber Security vigilantly protects Deloitte and client data. The team leads a strategic cyber risk program that adapts to a rapidly changing threat landscape, changes in business strategies, risks, and vulnerabilities. Using situational awareness, threat intelligence, and building a security culture across the organization, the team helps to protect the Deloitte brand.
Areas of focus include:
- Risk & Compliance
- Identity & Access Management
- Data Protection
- Cyber Design
- Incident Response
- Security Architecture
- Business Partnership
- Must be US Citizen
- 5 - 7 years of experience working in SOC with SPLUNK or other SIEM experience with background in security incident response, system operations and threat intelligence
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience; Excellent communication skills
- Should have knowledge in incident response, vulnerability management, security intelligence, automation / scripting and/or the operation of advanced security tools.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical business users
- Strong interpersonal skills and prior professional services experience in 24x7 SOC operations is mandatory.
- Desirable certifications include, but not limited to:
- CompTIA Security+, CCNA, SANs GSEC, GCIH, GCIA. EC Council C|EH
Applicants should be eligible to possess a US government security clearance.