Tier 2 Support Tech
Come work for a fast-growing cybersecurity firm, staffed with fun, talented, and passionate IT professionals. Our customers come to us in their time of greatest need, and stick with us because of our world-class personnel and the great service we provide!
This position will be responsible for the support, installation, and maintenance of computer systems including, desktops, laptops, servers, thin clients, printers, switches, scanners, modems, account/password resets, communication issues, etc.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide professional and courteous Tier 2 technical support via chat, email, and telephone to clients
- Act as technical escalation point for Tier 1 Help Desk team members for more complex technical issues
- Assist in designing, implementing and supporting client solutions
- Answering calls and entering tickets into a Help Desk ticketing system
- Investigates user problems and identifies their source; determines possible solutions; tests and implements solutions (Level 2 support)
- Backup and system monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Vendor communication when it pertains to ticket resolution
- Perform a variety of maintenance, software installation, end-user support and training
- Provide routine preventative maintenance tasks as defined by service level agreements
- 3+ years experience in a HelpDesk environment, preferably at an MSP
- Advanced technical troubleshooting skills and experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows file sharing and permissions
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and other server technologies
- Advanced knowledge of small and medium business LAN and WAN network technologies such as routers, firewalls, switches, wireless access points, VPN, NAS, etc
- Participation in an on-call rotation schedule
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.