ASM Research in support of our Veterans Affairs Client (VA) is currently looking for qualified individuals to provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 security analysis and support. An Information Security Technician has experience in implementing IT security solutions and assure successful implementation. Has knowledge of security principles, policy and regulations. IT experience with Cyber Security document management and familiar with security and privacy rules.
Preferred candidates will:
- Respond and resolve tickets in a timely manner
- Implement patches and implement corrective actions needed to mitigate security risks and vulnerabilities
- Implement IT policies, procedures, and system controls
- Identify any IT related deficiencies based on scan or other IT assessment test or techniques, as part of a gap analysis
- Provide hardware and software support/troubleshooting
- Test and image desktops and laptops
- Maintain, analyze, and troubleshoot software and computer peripherals
- Ensure all tickets requiring follow-up work and/or calls are resolved
- Provide technical support to end users view telephone
- Test, image, and clean PCs, laptops, and other related hardware
Will be responsible for developing the following Reports:
- Weekly/Monthly Activity Reports
- Patch Implementation Report
- Ticket Trend Report
- Ticket Resolution Report
- Line Issue Report
- Gap Analysis Report
Further, successful candidates will provide technical and security support services as necessary to include Help Desk and Desktop Technical Support to enable the facility to address hands-on vulnerability remediation requirements.
ASM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.ASM is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities. #LI-KL1
- Ideally have a VA Clearance at the High BI/Level (but not required). Candidates must be US citizens and will be required to undergo a background investigation in order to gain access to classified/protected information.
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, and Windows ACLs.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Nessus or other scanning tools strongly preferred
- Knowledge of network communications fundamentals.
- Knowledge of basic IA principles and best practices and ability to apply to one's work.
- Troubleshooting and analysis skills for general network and application level issues.
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels and to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work in a team setting
- Understanding of a wide variety of desktop applications.
- Experience working within enterprise ticket systems.
- MCP, Security+ and similar certifications desired.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelors degree in computer science, IT, or similar and at least 5 years of related experience. 8 years of experience may be substituted for education.