Job Title: Tier 2 Help Desk Engineer
Location: Conshohocken, PA
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client an IT consulting company that offers Managed Network Services to companies in and around the Philadelphia area. In additional to technical capabilities, we're looking for someone that lives within 20 miles of Conshohocken, has a clean and professional appearance, reliable transportation, and great interpersonal/communication skills.
The ideal candidate will enjoy a customer facing role and be willing to take ownership for line level decisions regarding network, workstation, and server related items.
- Responsible for the remote and onsite support needs for our client s customers (estimated 85% remote/15% onsite) with an emphasis on PC, WAN/LAN, systems and application support along with participation in selected projects.
- Assist the customer in resolving complex technical problems by providing guidance regarding software and hardware problems. Resolve and/or refer highly complex technical problems as appropriate.
- Follow up with customers to ensure that customer inquiries are resolved within the contracted or agreed upon time frame.
- Log and track inquiries using a problem management database and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- Identify, evaluate, and prioritize customer problems and complaints to ensure that inquiries are successfully resolved.
- Professional, friendly, and concise communication and troubleshooting skills
- 2+ years of IT experience, supporting recent Windows client and server platforms, hardware and software, printers, MS Office applications, LAN / WAN issues
- Interpersonal skills for interacting with team members and clients
- Organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience troubleshooting hardware and network problems
- An understanding of basic networking principles
- VMware and O365 experience are preferred
This is a full-time, permanent position with an established technology consulting firm, offering a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and an opportunity to enhance your technical skillset and grow with the company. For immediate consideration, qualified applicants should email their resume to Justin Boland at firstname.lastname@example.org.