- provides information technology (IT), information assurance (IA), and visual communication services to government and commercial customers worldwide - is hiring a full-time Operations & Maintenance Engineer with TS/SCI
at its Hancock County, MS
Founded in 1987, IMG is a leading small business that exemplifies competence, integrity and follow-through. We consistently provide customer focused professional services, which ensures our company is recognized for continually exceeding expectations. We believe that at the core of our success stand our people. Our people have provided professional services in the Information Technology field for our customers with a commitment to customer satisfaction for over 30 years.ResponsibilitiesJob Description
: Support the customer's various WAN and LAN networks, in providing network upgrades and config support to the architecture team; act as subject matter expert in WAN and LAN technologies and vendors; support customer's intra- and inter- net and other data communications systems or segments of networked system; and byProviding tiered support for the network operations centers (NOC).
- May supervise other network support and client server specialists and plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures.
- Participate in evaluation of new network technologies and makes recommendations to network architecture team regarding the integration of these technologies into the existing network. Ensures that plans for hardware and communications are adequate. Develops and implements methodologies for analysis, testing, and support of LAN and WAN networks.
- Diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective components.
- Support operations and maintain activities and administer networks including hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Monitor the performance of systems and networks
- Support routine network startup and shutdown procedures and maintain control records.
- Configure, and test hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Prepare technical proposals for presentation to the engineering review boards for adding new technologies to the network.
- Perform a full range of upgrades in accordance with existing network architecture.
- Review user requests for upgrades or additions to the network to assess impact on network performance and provide advice and guidance on the most practical technical approach to meeting user requirements.
- Perform long term O&M activities to include tier 3 troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Utilize complex network analysis tools to identify and correct problems in the network while maintaining logs and records associated with reported problems or situations.
- Prepare troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network to optimal performance levels.
- Provide fault management for the network and supports performance management functions.
- Respond, isolate, and resolve network troubles. Monitor alarms and alerts to identify network elements causing network degradation or failure.
- Execute reporting functions and data input associated with network management.
- Monitor security posture of the network, report suspected violations to designated authority.
- Coordinate with configuration management and implementation teams.
- Perform operator-level maintenance on components for network management systems
- Analyze network characteristics (e.g., traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput); recommend procurement, removals, and modifications to network components.
- Optimize network topologies and site configurations. Plan installations, transitions, and cutovers of network components and capabilities.
- Coordinate requirements with users and suppliers.
- Organize and direct network installations on site surveys.
- Assess and document current site network configuration and user requirements.
- Maintain operating systems, communications software, data base packages, compilers, assemblers, and utility programs.
- Apply software, hardware, and standards information technology skills in the analysis, specification, development, integration, and acquisition of open systems for Information Management (IM) applications.
- Ensure these systems and applications are compliant with standards for open systems architectures, reference models, and profiles of standards - such as the IEEE Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of IM solutions on the application platform, across the application program interface (API), and the external environment/software application.
- Evaluate and recommend COTS applications and methodologies that can be acquired to provide interoperable, portable, and scalable information technology solutions.
TS/SCI prior to considerationAdditional Requirements to be obtained:
CI polygraph is required upon startingBaseline Certification:
Must be compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level 3.Education/Years of Experience:
Candidate must have 16 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 8 years of experience OR Masters and 10 years, Bachelors and 12 years, Associates and 14 years or HS and 16 years.IMG COMPANY BENEFITS
Information Management Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Short term and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- 20 days of personal leave plus paid federal holidays
- Professional development and training assistance