Must have the following in order to apply:
- Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Technology, Education, Curriculum Development, Corporate Training, or other related field; field experience may substitute for academic requirement
- Two (2) years of experience in all aspects of instructional design or related discipline
- Two (2) years of experience conducting participant training (preferably in a computer lab setting)
- Experience using eLearning authoring tools a plus (i.e., Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, TechSmith Camtasia, etc.)
- Knowledge of LMS capabilities and SCORM compliance
- Knowledge of and experience using the Microsoft Office suite
- Working knowledge of GoToMeeting or other webinar/phone conferencing tools
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Valid Florida driver's license
- Ability to work flexible schedule and extended hours; as needed
- Ability to travel
Criminal background and professional reference checks. Job Description:
Responsible for conducting employee and client training via live, stand-up instruction and webinar instruction formats. Create agendas, guides, templates, summaries and other training collateral as needed. Provide guidance and training follow-up assistance to participants. Create, edit, and update user guides and other proprietary materials as needed. Provide supportive assistance to other departments, such as QA and Marketing, as directed by the training team lead or senior management. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct training for clients and company employees.
- Convert client site information into instructional courses and programs.
- Develop course agendas and training objectives.
- Develop instructional materials and user guides.
- Prepare websites for client and associate training.
- Identify, document, and help resolve site issues and/or data anomalies.
- Edit written materials, such as user guides and enhancement reports.
- Identify training needs and coordinate efforts to organize and present them.
- Train new staff members to use proprietary software modules or products.
- Conduct train the trainer sessions with client trainers.
- Foster and deliver learning experience through a blended learning approach using interactive models to simulate real tasks.
- Ensure that instructional design incorporates learning practices and achieves required learning outcomes.
- Develop participant assessments (pre- and post-training), course quizzes, and course evaluations.
- Assist with the design, implementation, and management of courseware administration.
- Manage and prioritize tasks and project deliverables in a timely manner.
- Develop instructional methodologies and formats.
- Maintain existing training courseware and peripheral materials; modify, as needed, to ensure continuous improvement and compliance with federal requirements, system modifications and client requirements.
- Troubleshoot and overcome technical challenges associated with live training events.
- Review requirements, specifications, and other technical documents and design training to meet the needs/level of the intended audience.