- Provide constructability feedback during design and walk downs
- Review Bill of Materials and assist with managing material availability
- Develop work scope for construction bid documents and assist Project Manager in bid evaluations
- Responsible for the coordination and oversight of all construction activities involved in a project
- Coordinate contracted work activities for centrally managed utilities projects during installation, monitor contractor(s) on safety, cost, quality, and schedule performance
- Run safety briefings with contracted construction crews
- Initiate Scope Change requests
- Elevate document deficiencies and Provide Planning support to the project team
- Monitor site construction activities for adherence to Utilities Environmental Policy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent work experience and a minimum of 15 years of distribution construction experience in the electric power industry.
- Experience with Word and Excel
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and Utilities safety policies
- Understanding of Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) procedure and become a qualified Clearance Holder
- Underground cable experience
- Knowledge in switching and splicing oversight
- Substation equipment experience and substation safety experience reviewing clearance orders, over site of replacing transformers and breakers
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Timely and a good communicator
- Able to work in a fast and collaborative environment
- Demonstrated skill in construction project management with experience in managing a distribution construction site and have knowledge about Distribution installation projects.
Since 1984, Synectics has been committed to aligning talented professionals with jobs they find challenging and fulfilling. Let us leverage our recruiting experience and our long-standing relationships with our clients to help you in your job search.
To view a comprehensive list of jobs offered by Synectics, please visit our website at www.synectics.com. We offer a wide variety of positions in cities throughout the United States.
Synectics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.