At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America's first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.What you will be doing
The Transport Sourcing Manager is responsible for providing complete transport fiber sourcing oversight for DISH's metro fiber optic transport network focused on both lit and dark services.
Additionally, this person will manage, understand, and negotiate Transport MSA and SLA contracts, for both lit and dark fiber, and work in conjunction with the engineering groups to understand and apply the technical specifications as required. This role reports to the Senior Manager of Transport Fulfillment, and may require some travel.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with Network Planning & Engineering teams on direction for upcoming transport design programs.
- Negotiates multi-million dollar complex transport contracts, evaluating suppliers, and defining demand
- Utilize knowledge and experience, serving as a subject-matter expert for internal fiber contract negotiation, including submitting and managing exception requests and consumption orders.
- Manage Purchase Order process for project needs, requesting PO's, receiving PO's, and managing OCNR.
- Overall management of several concurrent large fiber suppliers, projects and network-related transport initiatives that are high profile, technically complex and unique in nature.
- Produce and provide vendor and project reporting
- Track network projects as it pertains to the transport team such as vendor diversification, cost reduction Initiatives, and site availability evaluations,
- Effectively communicate project plans with all project team members, users, and other parties involved in the programs.
- Communicate needs, goals, and milestones to appropriate project team members and executives.
- Communicate status and issues at various levels of the transport team in a clear and concise manner. Ensure that issues are properly documented and maintained.
- Drive program issues through to resolution. Drive process improvement.
- Collaborate with executive teams to review program quality and metrics.
- Establish strong rapport within team members, support national practices that drive employee engagement and productivity.
#LI-RO2 #DICE_RO Skills and experience
The successful Transport Sourcing Manager will have:
- 1-5+ years Transport experience
- Experience managing and negotiating transport MSA's, SLA,s and RFP's
- Must have a strong understanding of transport architecture, ethernet, and transport infrastructure components
- Proficiency in using Excel including analyzing large data sets and building costs models
- Experience leading daily or weekly meetings, including documenting action items and ensuring deadlines are met
- Ability to identify and understand complex problems/issues and develop solutions
- Thorough understanding of project management methodologies and tools
- Ability to manage multiple commitments simultaneously
- College Degree is a plus
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience performing site walks with Landlord, Client, A&E and firms
- Ability to coordinate cross functionally with vendors with a focus on performance and accountability
- Ability to document site modifications, fiber box locations, conduit paths
- PMP, Lean Six Sigma certification or similar desired but not required
Compensation: $85,905.00/Year - $136,190.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.