Trauma Operating Room RN - St. David South Austin Medical Center, Austin, TX
Schedule: 3 DAYS; 12 HOUR SHIFTS; ROTATING SCHEDULE
St. Davids South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the areas only adult bone marrow transplant program and Level II trauma center. The facilitys full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, womens services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a(n) Operating Room Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* You will complete age appropriate assessment of patient on arrival to surgical suite.
* You will assist with the care of the patient during anesthesia induction and/or prepare the patient for local anesthesia.
* You will create and maintain a sterile and safe surgical environment.
* You will perform correct surgical preps.
* You will accurately document and report patient care.
* You will demonstrate competency for all surgical specialties and equipment.
* You will participate in staff and self-development.
* You will assist with the orientation of new employees.
* You will complete annual department competencies.
* 1 year Operating room environment
* Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. Davids Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification per SDH policy
Compensation: Salary: *** - *** per hour depending on years of experience.
Sign on Bonus up to 15k (based on years of experience) and relocation assistance offered up to *** for qualifying candidates