What's the role?
You love being deep in the data analytics to "tell the story" and can seamlessly translate the findings into meaningful business recommendations and insights. You're a change agent; excited by the opportunity of setting up and developing reporting for Travel & Expense at Bloomberg.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Business Analyst to join our Travel & Expense team. You'll be joining a successful, rapidly growing and ambitious Bloomberg team focused on improving our investment in employee travel, re-imagining the experience, governance, and integrity across the world.
In this role you will lead development, migration, and ongoing execution of our reporting; defining new processes including using automation. We are looking to you to strategically build an internal business function that will collect, analyze, and interpret multiple data sets to create a business roadmap for ongoing execution. You'll interact directly with our business leaders and represent the Travel & Expense analytic practice by providing intelligent, quantitatively-derived insights and recommendations.We'll trust you to:
What do I need to apply?
- Lead and maintain all reporting for Bloomberg's Travel & Expense team
- Implement data standards and data quality monitoring tools to filter and clean data; review reports to identify trends and correct unexpected patterns
- Analyze success metrics on Travel & Expense initiatives to quantify and explain their financial impact
- Build RFP analysis for all programs - including airline, hotel, ground transportation and cards
- Stay ahead of insights and trends; making recommendations for improvement across spend, volume and metrics
- Create documentation and training for new reports utilized by the team
- Work in collaboration with internal business intelligence teams to develop reports based on user requirements and create ad-hoc reports in a timely manner
- Partner with core internal stakeholders; including Bloomberg's CFO community
- Participate in quarterly business the reviews of Bloomberg's travel management vendors to ensure SLA and performance levels are achieved
If this sounds like you:
- 3-5+ years' of progressive professional experience with travel and expense data, multivariate modeling, segmentation, quantitative methods, database and digital data
- Expert knowledge of airline, hotel, ground transportation and Travel & Expense policies
- Demonstrated ability to implement solutions for operational improvements and automation
- Expertise with SQL-based databases (e.g. SQL Server, MYSQL, Access, Greenplum, etc.)
- Expertise in data visualization software tools (e.g. Qliksense, Tableau, Crystal would be preferable) and the shown ability to learn and master new tools quickly
- Exceptional analytical skills and creative problem solving, showing ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to build partnerships with cross-functional teams, vendors and facilitate interactions with upper management
- Outstanding written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills with a consistent track record in presenting findings to C-suite executives and other senior management
- Agility: Ability to work independently to deal with ambiguity, tight deadlines, multiple priorities, and demanding environments
- Thrives in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.