Assist the managers and other analysts with design and maintenance of automated financial tools and systems that ensure quality information and reports are delivered to senior management on a timely basis.
Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Assist the managers and other analysts with design and maintenance of automated financial tools and systems that ensure quality information and reports are delivered to senior management on a timely basis.
- Implement additional reports to present data in a concise and useful fashion, under the guidance of manager and senior team members. Implement financial models and modeling changes to quantify the potential impacts of industry changes and changes in Client's overall business, including net income forecasts, cash flow forecasts, and relevant financial metrics. Test calculations and ensure accuracy of the models.
- Perform cost/benefit and life-cycle economic analyses of Client's various facilities and programs, and any other special assignments/analyses as directed by senior management
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following areas required: finance, accounting, and economics.
- Familiarity with utility finance and/or the client market preferred. Familiarity with oil & gas markets, hedging structures and instruments, and financial and bond markets a plus.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Ability to solve problems, work in a team setting on implementations, and meet project deadlines.
- Proven ability to organize data, report on studies in a logical and effective manner, and a demonstrated ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other computer applications and file organization procedures is required.
- Demonstrated ability to use Pivot Tables, Tables and Database formulas within MS Excel at basic level.
- Working knowledge of MS Access, SAP BI, Client DSS, and/or Tableau is preferred. MS Visio knowledge is desirable.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work closely with others in achievement of group and cross-departmental goals.