Job ID: 2115366 Location:
EGLIN AFB , FL , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
SecretPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is looking for a team lead to support the development, evaluation, and testing of munition systems for the United States Air Force. Specifically, it involves the development of Unmanned Air Vehicles (UAVs) including hardware design, test, and evaluation; simulations and flight test software; algorithm development, algorithm in the loop testing, integrated system simulation testing, component and system modeling, hardware in the loop testing, and flight test demonstrations.
The successful engineer will work with senior personnel to develop system component models, tactical algorithms, simulations, and software support tools to aid in the development and test of both hardware and software. In addition, the engineer may be required to support the development of hardware and software interfaces unique to test units. The engineer will be expected to lead the team and to document processes, procedures, and test results.
- Programming Skills such as C++, Robot Operating System (ROS) ,Python, and MatLab
- Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Engineering, or Computer Science; B.S. required
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active DoD Secret clearance
- 3-10 years of experience
- M.S. in Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer engineering, or Computer Science
- DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance
- Ability to work on a team with other engineers to develop autonomous systems
- Able to communicate ideas clearly and efficiently
- Perform test and analysis to verify and validate algorithm and/or system performance
- Understanding of control system stability and performance criteria
- Develop, verify, and validate component and system level models
- Perform simulation configuration management and control and produce simulation documentation
- 5 to 10 years of experience in:
- Advanced computational techniques (parallel programming in both GPU and CPU)
- Management experience in Software Development and Version Control
- Robot Operating System (ROS) software such as Gazebo and various simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM) algorithms such as HectorSLAM and rgbdSLAM in software simulations and on hardware such as turtlebots and quadrotors
- Laser scanners in a ROS/Linux environment and on Odriod or similar single board computers
- Experience integrating aftermarket sensors onto a vehicle for improved sensing modality
- Experience implementing neural networks or machine learning approaches to real-world use cases
- Experience designing artificially intelligent systems for high level autonomy
- Experience with networked autonomy or swarming
- Experience with UAV operation, test, data collection, and analyses
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.