VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified UC Solutions Architect - Endpoint Solutions
to support the USCIS in Washington, DC
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Security Clearance: ability to attain an active DHS EOD required
- Availability: upon award, currently in proposal stage
- Duties include designing the overall system architecture to meet business requirements. As Solution Architect additional responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Create architecture solutions which align with overall project objectives and requirements through project assessments and gap-analysis of existing versus required capabilities.
- Conducts project evaluations to identify possible software, hardware and system architecture solutions which can be used toward fulfilling project objectives.
- Utilizes current technical trends for up-to-date architect solutions and actively researches emerging technologies to support proof-of-concept (POC) capabilities and identify future solutions for assigned projects.
- Identifies hardware and software architectural needs.
- Produces necessary architecture design documents during the entire course of the project.
- Works with software, network, and system engineers to propose technical architecture based on analysis of project requirements and/or new technologies.
- May have knowledge and experience in implementing and modifying specialized off the shelf tools (i.e., COTS, GOTS, Open Source, etc.) that are highly configurable and allow customization without the need for custom software development.
- Interfaces with customer technical staff to present architectural concepts and propose architectural solutions.
This position is the subject matter expert for customer endpoints and room technology delivery solutions, ensuring collaboration and implementations that will take full advantage of the core provided UC services, with forethought on future technologies coming into the enterprise. The ability to represent the team in briefings and in presentations are key. This position is expected to provide hands-on support as desired by UC wherever the issue or location may be.
Must have the ability to transport laptop/work equipment to and from work and home in order to support remote work, if required.OTHER DUTIES
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.