Type: Require FTE and Contract (12+months) resources for this role.
Location: San Antonio, TX.
Rate: Market rate
Client is seeking a robust UI-UX Developer who will be responsible for creating mobile\web experiences to collaborate with front end and back end developers. Someone who is able to participate, conceptualize, prioritize, and create strategies for the UI-UX product.
The User Interface/experience (UI/UX) Developer will be responsible for creating Mobile/Web experiences and interface for Energy. This role is next generation cutting edge-digital workplace technology UI/UX initiatives. The developer needs to have a keen understanding of modern web technology stacks especially front-end programming.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide development and support to the customer-facing design system including new components, defects, accessibility, and page templates
- Act as designer-developer, switching hats in both the areas of design & develop, as Subject Matter Expert (SME) assisting with decision making for some high visibility on-going projects
- Develop reusable and responsive, interactive patterns and code libraries that meet the highest W3 standards for HTML and CSS
- Create clean semantic HTML markup that passes WCAG & ADA Accessibility standards
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs standards
- Collaborate with analysts, developers and architects for successful implementation and component requirements
- Research, design, develop, test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of UX designs into the JS/Java codebase
- Participate in conceptualizing, prioritizing, and creating strategies for the product UX
- Develop well-structured and maintainable code that follows the best practices and industry standards
- Work with team members to develop UI prototypes as necessary and validate ideas with a data-driven approach
- Design and develop UI and UX interfaces
- Design and maintain design files, wireframes, and mock-ups
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Remain current on user interface trends and programming techniques and suggest new tools and methods as necessary.
- May assist with new user interface testing and participate in usability reviews
- Work cross-organizationally with multiple teams and individuals
Minimum Knowledge and Abilities
Deep experience in front-end web application development with hands on programming
Experience with creating conceptual and detailed design solutions based on end user needs
Expertise of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
Knowledge of using technology Story-boarding tools like Adobe creative suite, Sketch and Envision
History of working with cross functional teams using Agile/Scrum methodologies
Experience with communicating and working with business, technology users to create holistic solutions
Skills, knowledge, and experience using end to end Human centered design-HCD techniques including design, research, and usability
- UI/UX design or web developer certifications & training
- Previous experience of the Electric and Gas Utility Industry
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or applicable business degree from an accredited university OR Relevant business technical experience
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, and React
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platform (SASS)
- Exposure to front end user frameworks (Vue.js, Angularjs, Reactjs, Jquery etc)
- Familiarity with screen reader tools is a plus (VoiceOver, JAWS, NVDA)
Building and Supporting Teams
Acting as a Champion for Change
High School Diploma or GED
Indoor work, operating computer, manual dexterity, talking, hearing, repetitive motion. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer and calculator. Ability to travel between business related events. Work hours may be extended.