Tellus Solutions is in partnership with a client who is exploring the next frontier both figuratively and literally, they are also breaking barriers and creating unforgettable moments in history. Your technical expertise and skill set as a UI/UX Design Assistant - NASA in the field of UI/UX Design will contribute to our clients' efforts and forever impact future explorations.
Job Description: Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the design lead and development team to iterate and flesh out design ideas as paper prototypes, wireframe documents and more fully realized visual designs.
- Build clickable prototypes to interactively test design ideas.
- Assist with user and stakeholder interactions in a variety of scenarios to determine needs, collate and summarize conclusions to drive design goals and priorities.
- Assist with executing user testing processes from start to finish, including test preparation, conducting tests, observing user interactions, taking notes, collating, and presenting results.
- Create and maintain documentation, training materials and inline help content.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field.
- 1 to 2 years of related experience.
- Experience with user interface and usability best practices for web and mobile applications.
- Modern web design interaction patterns and web-based development considerations.
- Documentation, design, and prototyping tools including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Figma.
- Ability to use communication/collaboration suites like Google Docs and Spreadsheets, Microsoft Office, Teams and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of user needfinding techniques and processes.
- Knowledge of user testing and heuristic software evaluation methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability and drive to efficiently understand and operate within technically and procedurally complex knowledge domains such as scientific research, robotics, and space flight operations.
- A real love of and appreciation for learning new techniques, tools, and technologies.
Desired Experience & Skills:
- End-to-end experience with user needfinding, needs summarization and socialization, design solution ideation, design prototyping and user testing, result evaluation and further action recommendation.
- Expertise with video recording and editing software such as Camtasia and Adobe Premiere.