VariQ is seeking a UI/UX Design Lead
for a long-term contract with the DHS in Rockville, MD
. The candidate will be part of a large DevSecOps team providing development, security and operations (DevSecOps) services to support U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Information Technology (IT) system delivery. The UI/UX Design Lead will actively collaborate with government Product Owners, Enterprise Architects, external vendor teams, and internal VariQ team members to create high-performance, user-centric, cloud-native solutions based on stakeholder needs. Additional Information:
ResponsibilitiesThe UI/UX Design Lead shall:
- Salary: dependent upon experience
- Security Clearance: none
- Location: Rockville, MD
- Available: upon award, currently in proposal stage
- Participate in the design of technical solutions to meet the business need, working within standards defined by USCIS and subject to review by the agency.
- Be responsible for designing and implementing user interfaces and for working with users to maximize the usability of the system. Design will be done in conformance with USCIS design standards and in collaboration with USCIS. This includes working with prototypes, wireframes, etc., to ensure end-users interactions and to facilitate capturing end-users needs.
- Require strong navigation and site design instincts from site conceptualization to implementation.
- Be responsible for testing/quality assurance, designing and implementing web assets. Collaborating with team members in response to web development issues.
- Shall have a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the Information Technology field focusing on development projects and UI/UX Design specifically.
- Shall possess strong architecture & design experience, including at least three (3) years of experience providing UI/UX Design expertise for enterprise applications on AWS.
- Shall possess expertise in large scale, high performance enterprise application deployment and UI/UX Design on complex heterogeneous environments in AWS.
- Shall have, at a minimum, a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Management or Engineering, or other comparable degree or experience.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.