Title: UI/UX Designer (1 Day work from home)
As the UI/UX Designer, you will partner with developers, product managers, and data scientists to design new features to a SAAS application. You will be responsible for all aspects of creating new UX and software interface designs as directed by Product Management, including personas, task analysis, journey maps, storyboarding, prototyping, and defining interface specifications, guidelines, and standards. You will need experience working with complex data sets and have proven ability to visualize data in creative, engaging, and meaningful ways. This is a Direct Hire position. Local candidates only. Our client is unable to sponsor.
- Experience designing SAAS application in the Data Analytics or Reporting
- Extensive web application design experience, including strong visual, interactive and graphic design skills
- Professional experience using prototyping and wireframing tools
- Professional experience using visual design tools, such as Sketch, Photoshop or equivalent
- Good working knowledge of graphical user interface principles and visual design principles
- Deep understanding of digital trends and emerging technologies that drive innovative solutions
- Must be familiar with human factors, research methods, and behavioral sciences
- Requires a demonstrated ability to produce visual design prototypes, clickable wireframes and other design artifacts that support the user-centered design and build process
- Agile methodology experience (Scrum) is preferred.
- Applicant is expected to have a web based design portfolio with link on their resume
- Bachelor’s degree in Cognitive Science, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction (Human Factors), Computer Science or a related field.
- Designs user-centered, functional, innovative and easy-to-use web application interfaces that will enable customers to become more productive, efficient and enhance the adaptability.
- Produces design assets such as information architecture / sitemaps, interaction patterns, and clickable wireframes.
- Produces research-driven assets such as personas, journey maps, and findings with recommendations.
- Researches and analyzes target audiences for software, conducts necessary front-end customer and user experience research.
- Leads the user-centered and customer experience design process by conducting in field observations and interviews, surveys, focus groups, exploratory studies, and task analyses.
- Conducts user research, such as stakeholder interviews, contextual inquiry, heuristic analysis, and more.
- Lead interactions with clients and user groups such as presenting and accepting feedback on assets, facilitating design workshops, earning buy-in from stakeholders, and making recommendations.
- Collaborates with product teams to ensure user-centered design process is incorporated into software development lifecycle.
- Collaborates with developers and product managers to design and prototype software human interfaces using development tools, including Jira.
- Develops and maintains human interface specifications, guidelines, and standards.
- Participates in usability testing process by working on test plans, facilitating test sessions, and brainstorming solutions to interface problems with product management.
Location - Grapevine/Southlake area
BENEFITS of working for our CLIENT:
Fun work environment that embraces creativity. You won’t find unneeded bureaucracy, but you will find free soft drinks, snacks and a chance to have a big impact on the company and clients. You will get a $600 anniversary gift each year and will be working with a very smart, talented team.