Our client is seeking a UI/UX Designer.
Location: Bethesda, MD
Position Type: Full Time
- Do you live and breath e beautiful design?
- Do you look at every street sign, every advertisement, every website and wish you could make it more usable?
- Our client is looking for a highly talented, creative and innovative UX/UI Designer to join its product development team.
- We're looking for designers that want to make a real impact in early childhood education.
- You will work closely with the development team to ensure that our platform is beautiful to look at and delightful to use.
Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Be a customer advocate for identifying and defining key application functionality, workflow and design
- Works closely with product management and technology development to design a delightful user experience
- Develops wireframes, storyboards and user personas to help guide the evolution of our platform
- Performs usability and accessibility testing on our technology platform
- Engages customers in open dialogue about functionality and design in the platform
- Leads the definition and implementation of a user experience practice at the company
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Human Interaction, User Experience, or a related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of hands-on experience in user experience design
- Online portfolio of projects and designs you have worked on
- Deep understanding of typography, layout, color and quality design
- Experience with usability testing, focus groups, customer outreach and prototyping
- Experience with accessibility and 508 compliance
- Patience, rigor, and the ability to communicate clearly
- Highly collaborative work style