About the role:
Looking for a UI Developer & Designer (Web Developer / Designer) who will help to manage current landing pages and WordPress sites as well as build additional landing/squeeze pages, sponsored posts and sales/lead capture funnels. We need someone to work on keeping all pages up to date and have experience with managing data and email capture. Project will also include the development of new WordPress sites on an as needed basis.
- Experience with digital marketing, funnels and email capture/conversion
- Strong preference for experience in financial publishing
- Preference for skills with regards to search/display/native/retargeting advertising
- 3+ years of web design and development experience.
- Experience balancing short term vs. long term needs, business needs, and customer needs.
- Experience in financial environments - Agora financial publishing (or similar) &/OR investor relations / investor awareness (or similar).
- Active collaborator (willing to share ideas and teach/learn from others)
- Strong Proficiency with common front-end languages (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Understanding of Mobile First Responsive design concepts
- Understanding of page speed optimization best practices
- A strong ability to troubleshoot functional and layout issues.
- Experience in digital marketing web development/design, with an emphasis on lead generation and sales processes
- Collaborate and assist in defining UI/UX requirements for each development project
- Maintaining and developing front-end features
- Ability to capture the intent of the design and carry that throughout a website and into user experience
- Ability to take WordPress themes and customize to match desired designs
- Create lightning fast responsive landing pages using HTML/CSS.
- Proactively collaborate with copywriters, developers, and/or video producers to define the message and specs for the graphic design and web development elements in a project
- Develop front-end code variations for A/B testing using HTML, CSS
- Perform quality assurance tests and ascertain the cause of a problem when a test is not performing as expected or adversely affecting other reporting.
- Develop e-commerce sales funnels, promotional efforts, and emails
- Design multiple iterations of design elements to optimize clarity and persuasiveness
- Seek out feedback from copywriter, team members, and legal reviewers for graphic assets in a timely manner in order to allow for revisions and re-iterations
- Proactively seek ways to optimize the development and design process
- Track all progress in a workflow journal
- Provide realistic expectations on deadlines and daily updates on status
The ideal candidate will need to ensure software and tools are up-to-date with latest/greatest options and all sites are optimized for performance.
- Variety of WordPress plugins for security/performance
- Web Hosting: MediaTemple
- Domain Hosting: Godaddy and Namecheap
- Websites: Wordpress
- ESP: Bronto, Mailchimp, ActiveCampaign
- Browser Push: OneSignal
- Email Capture/Landing Page: OptinMonster, Thrive (need new, this slows sites), ClickFunnels, have used unbounce in the past as well
- Analytics: Google Analytics, Hotjar, Wistia (for video hosting as well as analytics) we would like to use more robust tracking as well such as voluum or improvely and will eventually require other reporting for CPA offers and sales funnel