The successful candidate will support various projects within the Federal government and work on a team supporting an extensive application portfolio. Duties will include development and maintenance of existing applications and contributing towards design and implementation of evolving applications.
* Planning, analysis, design, coding, and testing web based applications developed in Angular, Bootstrap and MS SQL server.
* Work as integral member of technical teams, supporting agile SDLC phases by regularly performing tasks such as interpreting program specifications and providing analysis, contributing to design, programming/coding, and testing results.
* Debug programs and troubleshoot application issues, in production and development.
* Implement SOAP/REST based enterprise applications, modify and maintain SOAP/REST services, and provide technical guidance related to SOAP/REST services.
* Follow application development practice by adhering application security model.
* Follow Agile development methodologies
* Create and maintain technical documentation
* Coordinate with management, other business groups, departments, and IT staff
Mentor junior team members
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment (CSM preferred)
* Experience with Cloud.gov or Cloud Foundry is extremely desirable
* Postgresql DB experience Required qualifications to be successful in this role
* At least 3+ years of experience in developing Java based application
* Demonstrated experience in developing REST web services for client consumption
* At least 3 years of full System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience using agile methodology (preferably Scrum) with experience in all phases of the SDLC including analysis, design, coding, and testing
* Experience with agile practices including SCRUM, Kanban, and TDD
* Experience developing and managing deployment life-cycles using Continuous Integration environments, Cloud-based infrastructure, and DevOps practices
* Experience developing applications that utilize XML/JSON and related technologies
* Familiarity with Cloud-Native architecture and development
* Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure and DevOps practices
* Knowledge with Microsoft Technology stack (TFS, MS SQL Server, IIS, .NET)
* Knowledge of performance tuning, security, scalability
* Proficiency in writing unit tests and using unit testing frameworks
* Full comprehension of n-Tier architectures
* Excellent communication both written and verbal
* US Citizenship required with ability to successfully obtain mid-level, agency specific security clearance (e.g., no bankruptcies within the last 26 years and no criminal records)
* Working from home is not allowed per the contract It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change--supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
* REST Webservices
* User Interface Design
* UX Strategy