Our client is currently seeking a UI/Visual Designer
The UI/Visual Designer will have a hands-on role in the design of business customer-facing products and services. Help shape product benefits around user needs to create engaging and intuitive user interfaces with sales driven results. As part of day-to-day, you will collaborate with team Creative Directors as well as sales, marketing, brand and engineering leads. You will help drive the delivery of digital applications that feature outstanding user experience and elegant design aesthetics.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
* Take responsibility for the user interface: identify problems, propose solutions, recommend implementations, and execute UI solutions to improve the user experience.
* Create pixel-perfect, world-class user interfaces and original, eye-catching visual design.
* Deliver high quality work on tight schedules in a dynamic, agile product environment.
* Produce interactive prototypes for internal experimentation and usability testing, and test UI in a rigorous, data-driven way.
* Experience with digital merchandising tactics working with a CMS
* Demonstrate a command of usability and accessibility standards in partnership with visual and interface design disciplines and principles.
* Have a broad experience and a deep understanding of users to recommend UI features that solve customer needs.
* Write intuitive style guides and design specifications with a focus towards engineering implementation.
* Support, communicate, course-correct, and revise through the development phase.
* Maintain a critical eye and an obsessive attention to detail.
Qualifications & Requirements:
* A portfolio that showcases several recent e-commerce designs is required for consideration. Mobile site/mobile phone and/or tablet apps designs a plus
* Minimum 5-8 years of UI and visual design experience within a digital agency or product team.
* Experience leading development of comprehensive and versatile digital design systems.
* Significant experience in iconography, symbol design, and data visualization.
* Expert typesetting and typographic design skills.
* Deep knowledge of cross-platform web/mobile usability standards and UI specifications.
* Understanding of design and technical capabilities/limitations of leading email and browser technology.
* Skilled in taking a project from exploratory and conceptual version, through to final production assets.
* Proven ability to multi-task and execute against multiple projects running in parallel paths
* Ability to collaborate with copywriters and business stakeholders for successful marketing related launches.