World’s leading provider of employee relocation, mobility management and workforce development solutions is seeking a highly qualified UI Developer. The firm offers outsourcing, consulting, and intercultural & language training services, with a staff of more than 2,500 employees. .
This individual is expected to have extensive technical skills and experience in latest User Experience paradigms/technologies as they relate to the Web and Windows desktop. The candidate will have the ability to rapidly grasp a problem and apply industry-standard technologies and enterprise architecture patterns towards the solution. The candidate will be responsible for interpreting business and technical requirements in order to code and develop programs that meet the expectations of the business and provide a maintainable and extensible basis for future development.
This candidate must have an advanced understanding of programming techniques and industry trends, software development life cycle, and testing procedures. The candidate must be an expert in User Experience technologies and practices in Web development. Understanding other trends/tools outside that realm is a plus. The candidate must have a firm grasp on software architectural principles.This candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to work effectively in a team environment, interact with other programmers and IT professionals of other disciplines. This individual is expected to be a leader within the team environment, encouraging and coaching junior team members whenever possible.
- Maintain and extend the current UI/UX frameworks established for the firm’s web-based business systems
- Implement, maintain and extend UI/UX Style Guides for other emerging technologies
- Provide subject-matterexpertisetoprojectteamsonbehavioraldrivenapplicationdevelopment
- Provide design and code reviews to project teams
- Estimates time necessary to complete required tasks.
- Tracks and communicates status/progress of ongoing projects to managers, team members & other appropriate personnel.
- Designs, codes and debugs business applications based upon defined requirements and specifications.
- Writes code that can be easily maintained and tested by others, by adhering to coding standards and including detailed code documentation.
- Works with testing teams to develop and carry out test plans to ensure that distributed software is of the highest possible quality.
- Develops clear, detailed technical and user documentation that will facilitate support for developed applications.
- Takes a leadership role in the team environment; encourages, coaches and mentors team members in acquiring the technical and behavioral skills needed to effectively meet the needs of business customers.
- Participates in the ongoing support/training of developed applications.
- Responds appropriately to emergency technical support situations and produces quick and effective solutions to business problems.
- Participates in design and code reviews with managers, peers and involved business personnel.
- Acquires knowledge of existing systems and the underlying business processes they support.
- Performs or delegates necessary object management functions:
- Establishes and maintains a methodology and repository for reusable object definition, storage and retrieval
- Identifies potentially reusable objects in current systems; refines and incorporates them into the repository
- Researches and deploys new tools for object oriented development activity
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science. Additionally, three years of production experience building and supporting responsive web sites is required, as is the demonstrated ability to manage small-scale development activities. Experience using agile development approaches to build web sites using PAAS and CI/CD in a Microsoft Azure environment. The individual must be organized and detail oriented.
Experience in the following:
- Visual Wireframe modeling
- Functional analysis
- ALM tools like MicrosoftTFS
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Modern responsive web site development
- Microsoft Office system including Project, Visio,etc.
- MS – SQL