• Motivated UI Designer needed to help create the future of large automotive groups Human Machine Interface.
• This person will have the opportunity to influence various groups HMI, as well as define experience leading into the next generation of automotive technology.
• The UI designer will lead the ideation and creation of the in-vehicle experience including the center screen interface, meters, HUD’s, and other interactions.
• These experiences will be mocked up in functional interior design prototypes and used to demonstrate an emotional connect to our users as well as influence the production software. Creative collaboration with UX designers, prototypers, and vehicle designers (Interior/Exterior/Color and Materials) will be key.
• This individual will also need to interact professionally with engineers and suppliers worldwide.
• Create custom visual experiences that are clear and simple, yet beautiful and enticing.
• These experiences will reside within an automotive environment including the vehicle’s primary HMI (center screen and meter) and other aspects of the interior experience (illumination, sound, animation, etc).
• lead the ideation and creation of the in-vehicle experience including the center screen interface, meters, HUD’s, and other interactions
• Mock up experiences in functional interior design prototypes
• Collaborate with the UX design teams and engineering teams as well as suppliers world wide
• 3+ years of professional experience focusing in UI design
• Strong and flexible visual design sense that is modern and clean yet respects the needs of designing for an automotive environment.
• Strong verbal/written communication skills
• Creative brainstorming skills
• Able to communicate and work with a diverse staff of creatives and specialists
• Strong understanding of visual design principals and visual execution
• Familiar with software development process/tools on various platforms
• Familiar with software collaboration tools including Jira, Confluence, Mural
• Familiarity with Modern web development, Mac Sketch, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/XD
• Experience manipulating motion graphic, movies, and digital models (Adobe AfterEffects, Alias, Cinema 4D)
• Automotive interface experience a plus.
• Kanzi, Protopie, and interaction design experience a plus.
Location: Torrance, CA
Type: Contract, 12 + months
Submit resume to
OSI Engineering is a leading talent acquisition and services company, building powerful IT and Engineering development teams to meet speed-to-market demands across the US. We develop, implement and manage workforce solutions through every stage of the product lifecycle, from early application development through final production, delivering the highest-level technology professionals. Our capabilities include technical staff augmentation, managed service programs and resource planning solutions.
With over 20 years of experience, OSI’s technical expertise spans the software stack from the firmware layer up to the user interface. We deliver dynamic and diverse teams for IT Services, Networking Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Services, Big Data, Mobile Hardware and Applications, Internet of Things (IoT), Connected Car, Enterprise Information Security and Data Science. Our quality-focused approach to talent acquisition and services helps our clients successfully launch their concepts and products that change the world.