We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented User Interface (UI) Developer to join our team in Alexandria, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC. Working within the Common Framework Team (UX group), the User Interface (UI) Developer will have two main roles. The first responsibility will be to build out highly reusable components based on direction from the UX team. These components will be used by other development teams to utilize as part of an enterprise-wide Design System. The developer should have proficiency in building lean semantic code, managing multiple dependencies, and providing cutting edge expertise in bringing clean, modern UI to life. Familiarity with existing design systems/frameworks is highly encouraged but what is absolutely essential is having the knowledge to edit and create these systems. The second main duty is to assist the UX team in consulting with individual application development teams to assist them in implementing the aforementioned design system and provide guidance when custom solutions are necessary. The right candidate should be comfortable with public speaking and working with your UX lead to provide technical advice during consultations. The right candidate should be able to articulate their point of view in both a technical sense for development teams as well as in common language for non-technical business managers.
• At least 2 years of active front-end development experience. Be prepared to share a GitHub or similar portfolio profile and be able to answer technical questions during an interview process.
• A BS degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, web design, or related field or equivalent experience and education. Qualifications:
• First and foremost, good interpersonal skills. This position means you will have lots of interaction with a variety of parties and will require the ability to work within teams.
• Must be able to work from static mockups provided by the UX team to bring interfaces to life in a detail-oriented fashion.
• Ability to think systematically. This position develops assets that will need to be readily ingestible by a variety of teams. What you develop will need to take into account the needs of the enterprise not just a single application.
• Ability to work within and setup an Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
• Ability to work within (and at times outside of) an agile work schedule.
• Be able to manage versioning and publishing via Github.
• Familiarity with testing best practices and be able to debug/solve common code problems.
• Ability to work with both PC and Mac OSX preferable.
• Experience with prototyping tools such as sketch, zeplin, uxpin, Figma, Invision, etc is desirable but not required.
• Experience developing mobile applications is highly desired.
• Clearance - Must be able to obtain a CBP BI Public Trust to start work.
• Citizenship - ====
My SAIC Benefits.