ZeniMax Online Studios is building a new ECS-driven game engine for an unannounced AAA title. We are looking for a UI Engineer to implement next generation interfaces using a new and in-development UI framework. This position will program UIs, establish implementation standards, and contribute to the development of the UI framework. Applicants should have a passion for UI development and a strong vision for its future.
The preferred location for this role is Hunt Valley, MD, Austin, TX, Madison, WI, San Diego, CA, or Seattle, WA. Will consider remote. Responsibilities
- Write maintainable and performant code to realize UI designs
- Develop game client systems in C++ to supply information to UIs
- Provide suggestions and feedback on UI designs to help produce the best UIs for players
- Communicate with producers and systems designers to represent the needs of the engineering department.
- Support UI framework development by adding new features
- Set the standards that future UI developers will learn form
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Experience with modern C++
- Knowledge of fundamental UI concepts like 2D layout and animation
- Previously developed professional UIs in one or more UI frameworks (game, web, application, etc.)
- Ability to collaborate with other programmers in a shared code base
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with declarative UI frameworks like React
- Experience with client/server game architecture
- Experience with UI tooling
- Experience with Entity Component System
- Experience with profiling and optimization
- Experience with shaders, particle systems, and 3D rendering
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do - from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.