FedNow Frontend UI Developer
The Federal Reserve is developing a new interbank 24x7x365 real-time gross settlement (RTGS) service with integrated clearing functionality, called the FedNow service. This service will help enable financial institutions provide their customers with the ability to send and receive payments any time, any day, and have full access to those funds within seconds. This position is a unique opportunity to be part of a new mission-critical Federal Reserve initiative that will be transformative to the payments landscape in the United States. Position Contributions-
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent background or experience
- 3-6 years software engineering experience in a team-based environment
- Demonstrated experience engineering software with cloud-first architectures
- 3-5 years in a UI Development role
- Experience with building and deploying solutions in Cloud
- Experience with CI/CD build tools, and DevOps processes
- Experience building, and helping customers build, high volume, mission critical applications
- Experience with Agile software engineering (Scrum, Kanban, Lean etc)
- Ideally has experience working with AWS cloud-based platforms in an enterprise environment
Nice to Haves
- Strong fundamentals in web technology
- Familiar with modern tools like node and NPM
- Unit Test frameworks (Jest, Testing Library etc)
- Familiar with Typescript
- Node.js Development
- Experience developing JS libraries
- Experience developing in a high secure environment
- Experience developing large scale applications
- Experience with design systems
The Federal Reserve System is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.
For this job, any offer of employment is contingent upon successfully passing a two-phase security screening. The first phase consists of the satisfactory completion of a physical examination (including a drug screening), reference checks, and a security investigation consisting of credit and criminal history checks.
The second phase, which might not be complete until after you begin working at the Reserve Bank, is an additional risk-based security screening determined by the risk rating of the position. Depending upon the sensitivity of the position, this phase may include, and is not limited to, work and residency eligibility verification, and personal interviews with the candidate, references, and prior employers. All applicants must have resided in the United States for at least three (3) years