Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the worlds leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the cant be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers. Responsibilities Functional Responsibilities:
Requirements analysis, functional analysis, and synthesis of USSTRATCOMs UNIX requirements.Essential Job Functions
Candidate must be able to perform the following tasks:
Qualifications Experience/Educational Requirements:Master
- Build hardware and software technical solutions based on information gathered from submitted requirements documents and customer interviews.
- Develop project definitions and engineering estimates to include cost estimates and cost benefit analyses.
- Manage/perform implementation for technical solutions built.
- Provide inputs on technical refresh and life cycle planning for their systems assigned.
- Participate in all phases of the development life cycle with emphasis on the planning, analysis, testing and acceptance phases.
- Design and prepare technical reports and related documentation.
- Prepare briefings and prepare updates on project/task status.
- Prepare purchase requests and configuration management documentation.
- Attend Integrated Product Team meetings with the Govt to learn of new requirements.
- Require frequent interchanges with the customer to determine customer needs and ensure what is implemented meets those needs. Provide technical expertise, respond to taskings, etc.
- Build UNIX/Linux servers, ensure security requirements are met, test servers/systems/software/hardware, and integrate/install them into the production environment.
- Ensure all necessary documentation to operate and maintain the equipment and/or software is provided to the Service Delivery team.
- Perform performance monitoring and provides documentation of issues and recommendations to Service Delivery
- Masters degree in Computer Engineering or related Engineering field, Computer
Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information
Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline, a minimum of 12 or more
years relevant industry experience.
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels
The following experience/knowledge is desired:
- Working understanding of system engineering basics.
- UNIX Solaris10, RedHat Linux 6.x and higher, VMware VSphere 5.x and higher
- System integration (hardware, software, network, and database)
- Oracle / HP hardware system operation and performance and system effectiveness
- SAN hardware layout and configuration
- System security, Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG)
- System engineering tools
- Microsoft Project
- Information Assurance Technical Level II (or higher) within 120 days of hire is required (e.g., Security + CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP)
- ITIL Foundations
- The candidate hired for this position must be a US Citizen with an active top secret security clearance with eligibility for SCI or must be capable of maintaining/obtaining a TS/SCI clearance. If the candidate does not have a top secret clearance, a minimum of a Secret security clearance is required to start work on-site for this contract.