Java Developer - Consultant
Help create new life for legacy information technology systems.
The Deloitte Application Modernization Team - specialists in converting legacy information technology systems to modern languages - is currently seeking Java Software Engineers. This is an exciting opportunity to immerse yourself in one of the hottest areas in the market. Work you'll do
- Write well-designed, efficient, and testable code
- Interact with other stakeholders not limited to end-user clients, Project Manager/Scrum master, Business Analysts, offshore development, testing and other cross-functional teams.
- Develop solutions following established technical design, application development standards and quality processes in projects
- Assess the impacts on technical design because of the changes in functional requirements.
- Perform independent code reviews and execute unit tests on modules developed by self and other junior team members on the project.
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent working experience
- 2-4 years of work experience with an object-oriented programming language
- Experience working as a programmer in Java, C#, or .NET AppMod2020
- Experience working with Cloud Service Providers, like AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform
- Good knowledge of object-oriented design principles and software architectures
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Enjoys coding for fun and enjoys demonstrating ideas or works in progress to other developer
- Comfortable researching and exploring the architecture of unfamiliar coding languages
- Experience in leveraging subject matter experts and other available resources in order to solve
- Knowledge of Unit testing and Test-Driven Development
- Good understanding of software build tools (Ant, Maven)
- Demonstrated understanding of tool-based modernization, including code analysis, code conversion and automated testing tools
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Limited Sponsorship: Sponsorship maybe available
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%