Huntington Ingalls Incorporated
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Come join our Hawaii based team! HII-Technical Solutions Division (HII-TSD) is currently seeking a GEOINT Database Administrator/Knowledge Manager 3 to support our USARPAC customer.
A Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII) Data Analyst/Management professional:
* Will design and develop geospatial solutions and workflow efficiencies to an enterprise system. The role will work closely with GEOINT analysis and IC enterprise teams to define standards and practices, leverage common infrastructure for data integration, establish the processes for data curation, advanced analytics procedures and security practices.
* Supports analysis and research for industry, infrastructure, technology, country, geographic area, biographic and targeted vulnerability. INDOPACOM encompasses over half of the globe!
* Supports preparation of assessments of current events based on the sophisticated collection, research and analysis of classified and open source information. INDOPACOM s geopolitical environment is incredibly diverse with some of the nation s greatest defense challenges.
* Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements and ensure maximum operations. Be part of a team that supports the full spectrum of military operations in the largest combatant command theater.
* Supports the collection of data using a combination of standard intelligence methods and business processes.
HII Defense and Federal Solutions is a business group within Technical Solutions; a division of HII that delivers professional services to a wide variety of government and commercial customers worldwide. HII DFS has over 3700 employees worldwide who deliver critical services to our DoD, IC and Federal/Civilian customers across six business areas: Cyber and Intelligence, ISR, Next Generation IT, Logistics and Operations, Integrated Product Support and Training, and Fleet Sustainment.
Essential Job Responsibilities
* Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases. Conducts performance tuning of indexes and databases in general. Reviews database design and integration of systems, provides backup recovery and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements. Maintains security and integrity controls. Formulates policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization. May develop stored procedures and/or triggers.
* Work collaboratively as part of the enterprise data management (EDM) team to implement new data sources required to support enterprise data management, master data management, data governance and analytics
* Partner with internal teams to develop and support effective EDM solutions
* Secure the movement of sensitive information in a manner consistent with policy
* Work extensively with data analysts/architects to understand enterprise processes and models
* Deliver high quality and highly efficient ETL solutions based on a standard framework
* Control integration quality and develop ways to detect and correct anomalies with data exchange
* Create, maintain and publish technical documentation, runbooks and standards
* Other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
* 6 Years relevant experience with Bachelors; 4 Years relevant experience with Masters; An additional 4 years of specific job experience with a HS diploma may be substituted for the Bachelor s degree requirement for this job. This experience is in addition to the relevant years of experience listed with the job s education requirements.
* Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
* Ability to set individual/team priorities and plan to complete tasks and organizational objectives
* Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
* Knowledge of data management best practices, processes, tools, standards, and methodologies
* Knowledge of the development and management required for ETL, ELT, REST, and SOAP implementations
* Development experience with RDBMS (Microsoft SQL Server)
* Valid US Passport
* Clearance: Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
* 2 years of experience designing and implementing enterprise integration and/or ETL solutions
* Experience with commercial solutions used for API management
* Working knowledge of core business platforms (SAP, Salesforce, Adobe, Microsoft)
* Knowledge of data structures, data warehousing, data visualization, statistics, and analytic models
* Ability to analyze and document complex business processes and project details
* Development experience with non-relational databases (MongoDB, Graph, Hadoop, S3 storage)
* Experience with MuleSoft, LogicApps, and SSIS Overview
* 2 Years experience supporting USARPAC as a GEOINT Analyst.
* 4 Years experience supporting USINDOPACOM as a GEOINT Analyst.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.