UX/ UI Designer
CoStar Group is the number one provider of information, marketing, and analytic services to the US commercial real estate industry. We are currently seeking a UX/UI Designer to join the product development team in our CoStar Washington DC headquarters. We are in search of a designer who is creative, articulate, and professional with the ability to significantly and positively impact the business.
The ideal candidate will have experience and interest in visual design, and be able to serve as a hybrid UX/UI Designer. The UX Designer will work in close collaboration with the Research department, executives, product managers, subject matter experts and developers in shaping all aspects of the look and feel of our applications, including desktop and mobile. This will include user research, sitemapping, wireframing, mockup creation, prototyping, user testing, and final interface design. Prior experience designing applications is critical, whether web-based or native mobile or desktop. Experience creating responsive web applications is a must. The UI/UX Designer should bring a highly entrepreneurial sensibility to their work, able to wear multiple hats and work in an agile and iterative environment. Initial concepts will be tested, challenged, and refined to reach final designs, with input from several stakeholders.
* Wireframe new features and templates and improvements to existing functionality
* Deliver interaction designs from concept through launch
* Design for a variety of platforms including mobile browsers, iOS, Android and desktop browsers
* Produce designs to help the product team understand the desired customer experience, including high-fidelity wireframes, flows, prototypes, etc.
* Build prototypes of new features, templates and apps to demonstrate and test new designs
* Participate in usability studies on existing and new applications
* Continuously provide usability design improvement recommendations based on industry best practices, observed user behavior and site/app analytics
* BA/BS or MA/MS in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Human Computer Interface Design, Visual Arts or related field or equivalent experience
* 2 - 3 years of experience designing user experiences for mobile apps, mobile and desktop web, or experience in visual or interaction design
* Graphic Design Skills, Page Layout Skills, Creativity Flexibility, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented
* Proficiency in design tools & prototyping tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, Omnigraffle, etc.
* Knowledge of HTML and CSS a strong plus, including demonstrated ability to work directly with developers
* Experience with designing a CRM or Enterprise Sales Channel systems desired
* Experience with designing map/geo-location based application a strong plus
* Strong abilities in sketching, mocking up, and evaluating interaction design
* Experience across the product development life-cycle of web and mobile applications
* Knowledge of the best practices for interaction design for cross-platform devices and applications
* Possession of excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with team members at all levels
* Excels at balancing usability with great design
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced agile environment
NOTE: This position requires that you present a portfolio of past projects as part of your application
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing